The role of the Student Council is to provide students with an instrument that allows them to fulfil a structural advisory role within education at Wolfert Bilingual. Every week the chairman and another representative meet with the Head to advise on possible ways to improve education.
There are annual elections for the positions of chairman, secretary, finance officer and assessor. Two people are elected to each position, for a period of one year. The Student Council is thus made up of 8 students.
There are representatives for lower school havo, upper school havo, lower school vwo and upper school havo and the functions rotate on an annual basis. For the upper school havo there is a split between bilingual and regular havo.
Tasks and responsibilities
The tasks of the Student Council are defined as follows:
- organising class representatives and year group representatives (all members);
- organising meetings with the students (all members);
- meeting with the Head once a week, for 1 lesson period (2 representatives: the chairman and one other);
- drawing up a list of points for consideration based on contact with the students;
- participation in job interviews/determining criteria;
- preparing minutes containing agenda items and actions.
De leerlingenraad op de foto
The School Council with Mr Varossieau, Mr Van der Veere and Mr Koot.